Get a postal vote

If you will be at work or on holiday, are physically unable or just don't have the time to get to a polling station to vote in person, or have simply moved house and not yet updated your electoral details you can still exercise your right to vote.

You can choose either to vote by post or to appoint someone else - a proxy - to vote on your behalf.
To find out more about voting by post, please visit the Government's official site at:

From this site, you can download an application form.

Send it to the Electoral Registration Officer at the local council's offices: Kirklees Electoral Services,3-5 Albion St, Huddersfield HD1 2NG or alternatively
Tel: 01484 221650 or see for further details.